Looking for something tasty and easy to serve at your Super Bowl party? Why not make homemade boneless Buffalo wings? I developed this recipe (if you can even call it that) during the wild card games a few weeks ago. It also saw me through the AFC championship, faring better than my beloved Pats. And now I pass it along to you.
1. Buy a package of frozen chicken nuggets. I like Bell & Evans (sold at Whole Foods) because it's all white happy chicken breast meat, and about as healthy as you can get when you're buying a fried chicken nugget.
2. Pre-heat oven according to directions on box.
3. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a small sauce pan on the stove. Add between 2 and 4 tablespoons Tabasco sauce, depending on how spicy you want your "wings."
4. When nuggets are about half-way through cooking, remove from oven and, using a brush, coat both sides with spicy butter sauce. Return to oven and continue to bake according to directions on box.
5. Remove from oven, plate, and serve with bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks.
They're really good! Correction: they're really good if you like boneless Buffalo wings, and they're probably my new favorite thing to make for a day of football watching.