1 cup all-purpose flour, plus additional for coating
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 to 5 apples for cooking or baking
1. Heat oil in deep fryer or frying pan to 370°
2. Mix together ingredients for batter
3. Peel, core, quarter, then slice apples.
4. Lightly roll each apple in flour, then coat in batter.
5. Fry slices until golden brown, turning to ensure even browning during frying.
6. To serve: drain apples, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.