I'm happy to announce that I'm participating in the Menu for Hope, a food blogger fundraising campaign. This year, Menu for Hope III will raise funds to support the UN World Food Programme, which provides hunger relief for needy people worldwide. Last year's Menu for Hope raised over $17,000 for Unicef, and I'm sure with more participation we can do even better this year!
How does it work? If you make a $10 contribution, you will be entered to win your choice of prizes donated by participating food bloggers. There's some really cool stuff in there, including coffee with Thomas Keller (either in CA or NY). I've donated a KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer (in Empire Red).
If you're interested in participating, here's what you need to do:
1. Go to the donation page at First Giving.
2. Make a donation, each $10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize or prizes you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. The prize code for my KitchenAid mixer is UE03. Do tell us how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code -for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for UW01 and 3 for UW02.
3. If your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
4. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
5. Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 when we announce the result of the raffle. (The drawing will be done electronically. Our friend the code wizard Derrick at Obsession with Food is responsible for the wicked application that will do the job.)
Thanks for your participation, and good luck in the raffle!